Friday, June 4, 2010


The Real Housewives of New York City Season 3 Finale

Network: BRAVO
Series: RHNYC
Episode: Finale

Well, to everyone's great relief, our girl Bethenny didn't make up with Jill. As most of you know, Jill has been a beast all season, starting fights with everyone except Countess LuAnn and Krazy Kelly Benismon. The three of them deserve each other - LuAnn spent the whole season scolding people and telling them how to behave, and Kelly... well, Kelly had a genuine nervous breakdown and while I am very sympathetic to those with mental illnesses, it is possible to be sick and still be an asshole and Kelly is both. Even if she got treatment for her affliction, which my educated guess says is paranoid schizophrenia, she'd still be conceited, inarticulate, condescending and just plain mean. 

I thought the episode did a good job of tying up the loose ends for the season. Bethenny moved in with her new guy and was anticipating the arrival of Baby Bryn, LuAnn debuted her godawful dance track, Ramona and her hubby Mario renewed their vows. The seating at the vow renewal ceremony was telling. Jill, Kelly and LuAnn were on one side of the aisle with Jen Gilbert, who got very little screen time since her introduction, and on the other side was Team BRASS - Bethenny, Ramona, Alex & her husband Simon, and fabulous new wife, Sonja Morgan.

If BRAVO wants the majority of their audience back for a Season 4, Team BRASS is the way to go. I know Bethenny is thinking of leaving the show, but even if she did, they'd come out ahead with the rest of this team and some new blood.

So, what do you all think? Did you like it?

5 comments:

  1. I like your blog and already agree with your point of view. This should be a fun place to read your take on things. Good luck.

    I did like the season finale, I feel like they let us down easy after all the drama the past couple of weeks. Whew. Thank God Bethenny kept her honesty and didn't take the queen bitch Jill back. There were so many rumors and leaks this week I wasn't sure how it was really going to go.
    I loved Ramona and Mario's vow renewal ceremony and it was sweet to see the real couples touched by it.
    And just for the record - I hate Jill Zarin and I really hate Kelly. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I Did It! It's me, ice

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh and just a thought - please tweet whenever you post anything new on your blog. That's how I found you in the first place. It's nice to get a heads up.

    ReplyDelete